The beam is made using cross grain laminated wood construction. This gives the beam its strength and prevents warping or twisting. No center support is needed. The core is planed and sanded to the competition oval beam shape. Our beams are built as close as possible to competition beams for a realistic training experience. This includes the padding, covering and shape.
The padding is closed cell polyethylene foam. The same padding that is used on competition beams. It is covered with a heavy grade synthetic suede material. The material is durable and easy to clean. The work surface is 4 in. wide.
The support braces for the 12" beam legs are 18" wide and all other beam leg heights are 24" wide. They are made of 12 gauge structural steel with rubber end caps to protect the flooring beneath. This will make a great practice beam.
- Heavy Grade Synthetic Suede Covering
- Padded Top
- Rubber End Caps on Support Braces
- Cross Grain Laminated Wood Construction
- Hand Planed and Sanded Core
- Oval Shaped Sides
- 12 ft. Long x 4 in. wide
- Steel Support Braces (Available in Four Heights)
- Material seams on bottom are covered with wood trim for a finished look.
- No exposed staples
- Weight Limit 350 lbs.
All items ship within three to five days using Fedex Ground Service. Transit time is 3-5 days. When your package is scanned for shipment you will receive tracking information at the email address you provide during the checkout process.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- This is *the one*
- I bought this beam for my daughter who was (at the time) a Level 3. She was begging for a beam, and while I considered trying to find an alternative that might be less expensive, my wife encouraged me to buy this beam. I could not be happier with the decision. My daughter has progressed quickly and this year placed first in the state in her age group for Level 5 on beam. If you're looking for a "home beam" to reinforce time in the gym, this is one that I strongly recommend.